Improving the run life of ESP systems involves a cycle of collecting failure and operational data, cleaning and analyzing the data, and then making informed decisions on how to move forward.
Data Collection Standards
- The standards developed within the ESP RIFTS JIP enable Participants to ensure similar failure nomenclature and failure investigations. A standard failure nomenclature and common dataset of influential parameters have been developed.
Data Input Sheet
- The Data Input Sheet is a data collection software tool that helps Participants efficiently transfer data from in-house datasets to the project data tracking system.
- The ESP RIFTS (Reliability Information and Failure Tracking System) website tool is used to verify data and perform in-depth analyses and benchmarking studies on shared data.
ESP RIFTS Training
- The JIP organizes training sessions to ensure that both new and current Participants are familiar with reliability concepts and project analysis tools.
- The discussion forums are used to discuss ESP related issues, such as project direction, operating practices, data collection issues, or data analysis results. The project has three discussion forums that encourage and facilitate discussion among Participants; Steering Committee Meetings, Email Discussions, and On-line Forums.