Tangible results from this industry-led initiative include:
Learn From Member Experience » Quickly Solve Tough Problems
- Through Steering Committee Meetings, forum discussions, and one-on-one interaction, each participant can learn from other member's experiences. Learnings may include industry best practices for operating in specific conditions or first-hand experience with particular equipment.
Learnings gained from frequent participant interaction help operators resolve complex issues, optimize production and extend equipment run-life.
Access to Data Collection Software » Ensure Quality Data
- High quality data is critical to good reliability analysis. The Data Input Sheet (DIS), software developed through the JIP, ensures that the data collected by Participants complies with the standards set out by the project and is consistent with existing data.
This tool allows Participants to perform the most up-to-date reliability analysis on their local data.
Become Familiar with Reliability Analysis » Ensure Correct Conclusions
- A strong understanding of reliability theory and concepts is essential when performing reliability and statistical analysis to avoid misleading or incorrect conclusions.
Decision-makers can depend on reliability analysis to indicate areas for improving ESP run-life, rather than using educated guesses or vendor indications.
Perform In-Depth Analyses » Optimize ESP Run-Life
- Project reliability analysis tools allow members to perform in-depth analyses to identify issues resulting in reduced run-life. Once issues are identified, proper design and operating practices can be implemented to improve reliability and increase production.
In-Depth data analyses allow Participants to avoid "guessing" and identify optimal solutions that lead to favourable economic results in both new and mature fields.
Identify and Eliminate Technology Limitations » Expand Application Range
- Through data analyses and technical discussions, limitations in available technology can be identified. Participants can then work with vendors to focus on relevant technology developments that expand the application range of ESPs.
Through step-change advancements in technology, the application range of ESPs can be expanded to include new fields.